NPPSH will be publishing the conference proceedings from this year’s NPPSH conference in Maynooth University’s ePrints and eTheses repository. This open-access repository feeds into several academic databases, ensuring the widest possible dissemination and impact for your work. The revised anticipated publication date for the conference proceedings is early June 2017. This page includes important information related to the publication.
- Word count for short and long papers is 5,000 words maximum.
- Word count for posters and lightning presentations is 2,500 words maximum. Poster presenters may choose to submit a paper or a PDF version of their poster.
- All papers must be submitted in Word format (.doc or .docx).
- Papers must use the Harvard referencing system for all citations. Please refer to Maynooth University’s Guide to Harvard Referencing for proper format.
- Papers should be submitted in Times New Roman font, 12 pt size, with 1.5 line spacing and page numbers in the lower right corner.
- All papers must have a full and complete bibliography. Papers submitted without a bibliography will not be published.
All presenters submitting a paper for publication will be asked to complete and sign a cover sheet and consent form. This form, which will be sent to presenters via email, gives NPPSH consent to publish your paper and confirms that you have obtained any necessary permissions to use and publish any images, charts, or other proprietary information.
The form will also ask you to confirm that the submission is entirely your own work. Please refer to Maynooth University’s policy statement on plagiarism before signing the form.
Individuals who wish to purchase a printed and bound version of the conference proceedings will have that option. NPPSH will be offering this service through an online vendor. Printed proceedings will be available at cost, meaning the price set will only cover the costs of printing.
More details about the print-on-demand option will be available later in 2017. So stay tuned!
Publication Schedule – REVISED
- Sunday 2 April 2017 – All final papers and consent forms due.
- April and May 2017 – NPPSH Organising Committee edit and review submitted papers.
- Late April, early May 2017 – Revisions to papers if needed.
- Mid-May 2017 – Second, final edit of submitted papers by NPPSH Committee.
- Mid to late May 2017 – NPPSH Committee works with MU Library staff on uploading papers into repository.
- Early June 2017 – Launch of publication.